Course detail: Autism Spectrum Disorder De-escalation Strategies in the School Setting
- Participants will be able to decide upon prescribed courses of action or techniques that will provide a greater level of safety in a school environment, event or situation.
- Participants will understand the triad of characteristics in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Participants will understand how these characteristics may impact students in school settings
- Participants will explore the de-escalation cycle
- Participants will identify strategies used for de-escalation interventions in a school setting
- Participants will reflect on how new learning will impact student outcomes
- Zoom (Virtual Platform)
- Group Discussion
- School Resource Officers
- Officers who are frequently called upon by school personnel
- Maintain 100% contact with the class through use of video camera/microphone
- Participate in all exercises and scenario discussions
- Complete a pretest and posttest
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.