Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window
Opioid, substance abuse and addiction are part of the first responder culture Often, they are not recognized and addressed as a problem until it's too late. Utilizing decades of experience working with front-line officers and law enforcement leadership, Dr. McDougall, who is a recognized and awarded speaker and trainer at national and international conferences, will provide a poignant and powerful examination of a problem that affects nearly every law enforcement agency and organization. Proven solutions include tactics for the individual officer and policy guidelines for agencies.
- Participants will analyze the statistics of officers with dependencies and how and why dependency starts.
- Participants will identify preventative measures they can employ to reduce the likelihood of substance abuse and addiction.
Who Should Attend
- Patrol Officers
- Detention Officers
- Other Law Enforcement Agents
- Group discussion and debate
Primary Course Objectives
- Participants will acquire materials that can be immediately applied to improve or even save the lives of law enforcement officers.
Note: The Sedgwick County Health Department is providing scholarships to those officers who work for a law enforcement agency within Sedgwick County. Please click on the drop down box in the 'price' section and choose the second option - "no cost for law enforcement agencies in Sedgwick County" to have your registration fee waived.
This event is provided in partnership with the Reno County Health Department