Course detail: Crisis Response: De-escalation Techniques
- Participants will exhibit fairness in policing while giving people a voice and performing law enforcement duties with impartiality and the necessary level of transparency to sustain and strengthen public trust.
- Discuss and explain de-escalation techniques for addressing verbal and non-verbal non-compliance.
- Identify social, behavioral, legal, ethical and tactical considerations that are intended to de-escalate a situation or prevent escalation into an undesirable confrontation.
- Employ methods to solicit and obtain cooperation from a potentially uncooperative but non-threatening subject.
- Apply ethical, legal, social and tactical considerations when communicating with individuals in difficult and tense situations.
- Group discussion
- Practical exercises
- All public safety personnel
- 100% attendance and participation
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.