Designed and built by an Associate Business Continuity Professional working inside of the Kansas School of Business, the Kansas Small Business Development Center’s Cybersecurity for Small Business online courses provide the background that small business owners need to better understand how they can protect their business’ digital footprint.
The Kansas SBDC course will allow business owners to take detailed look inside the growing threat that cybersecurity poses.
Users will have the opportunity to focus on the five critical areas of Cybersecurity:
- Identify: Users will learn how to develop an understanding of their digital environments to manage risk to systems, assets and data.
- Protect: Course takers will learn what they can do to develop and implement safeguards to limit or contain the potential impact of a cybersecurity event.
- Detect: Course takers will learn measures that can assist them in determining when a cybersecurity event has occurred.
- Respond: If a cybersecurity event occurs, course takers will be ready to contain impact and bring their businesses back online.
- Recover: Course takers will learn what measures must be taken to truly bring a business back to life following a cybersecurity event.
Who Should Enroll?
Small business owners and employees across Kansas are encouraged to take advantage of this training. The training is a very basic beginners level understanding of opportunities that exist to better protect the investments made by Kansas small business owners.
Note: If you are a business owner who is interested in taking this course, please make sure you have taken the Cybersecurity Assessment for Small Business. This assessment will allow you to better understand which of the five areas require your most focus!
You can enroll and start the courses at any time. The current course enrollment period will be available until 12/31/2018. Additionally, new course modules will be added throughout the year. Stay tuned for new projects as they come online!
Cybersecurity Assessment for Small Business (TAKE BEFORE ENROLLING IN THE COURSE)
Cybersecurity Center for Small Business