Course detail: KU Technology Project Management Boot Camp
The KU Technology Project Management Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time program that prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries, from information technology to healthcare and financial services.
Over the course of 18 weeks, you'll develop in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. These skills are applicable to the Professional Scrum Master Level I Certification, which can enhance your desirability in today's job market. By the end of the program, you'll have a professional portfolio that highlights your unique competencies.
Those who successfully complete the program receive a Certificate of Completion in Technology Project Management from University of Kansas Lifelong and Professional Education and 18 CEUs (Continuing Education Units).
- Develop technical fluency - learn how software is developed and maintained so that you can credibly lead technology projects in any industry.
- Demonstrate technical fluency with business strategies, project management, and software requirements.
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders, model them as use cases and use them as input for executing the four phases of the testing life cycle.
- Apply agile principles to the working environment to conduct release, capacity, and velocity planning.
- Create value stream mapping and risk assessments.
- Conduct sprints and lead all four of the Scrum ceremonies while creating supporting artifacts.
- Explain each stage of the traditional project management life cycle and create all documentation required to drive a project plan from initiation to closure.
- Utilize modern software like Jira, Smartsheet, and G Suite to build project plans and reports.
- Devise and implement hybrid project management methodologies to support specific organizational goals.
- Facilitate the transition of projects to sustainable operations within the business.
- Gain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master? Level I Certification.
- Maintain your schedule by studying part-time, three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours.
- Benefit from a wide range of career services to position you for success as you work to advance in your current career or seek a new opportunity.
Visit the KU Technology Project Management Boot Camp Website to get more information and reserve your spot today!
KU Technology Project Management Boot Camp Brochure (PDF Document)
KU Technology Project Management Boot Camp Website