Course detail: KU Full-Stack Flex Coding Boot Camp
KU Coding Boot Camp is a part-time, 24-week full stack flex course that gives you the knowledge and skills to build dynamic end-to-end web applications and become a full stack web developer.
Designed to fit into the lives of busy adults and working professionals, the program combines convenient online lessons and application practice that you can complete 24/7 with live online classes and support.
The program is rigorous, fast-paced, and covers both the theory and application of web development. As you gain proficiency, you’ll use what you learn on real, hands-on projects. Plus, you’ll develop an impressive portfolio and the confidence to succeed as a web development professional.
Those who successfully complete the program receive a Certificate of Completion in Web Development from University of Kansas Lifelong and Professional Education and 24 CEUs (Continuing Education Units).
- Build front end websites from scratch, as well as with ready-made frameworks, to understand primitive ways to build on the web and how to leverage pre-existing frameworks to build with efficiency.
- Create full stack single-page web applications with RESTful API routes and AJAX methods to demonstrate how front end applications communicate with back end applications and databases.
- Implement different types of databases — structured, unstructured, and real-time — to convert static websites into dynamic websites that persist data.
- Communicate and demonstrate foundational knowledge and required skills during technical interviews.
- Integrate the accepted and standard basics of social coding — including source control, issue tracking, and functional feedback — as part of a development community, while building an application.
- Demonstrate strong software development teamwork and project management skills as a collaborator and independent contributor through the development cycle of a complex project.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to participate in University of Kansas sponsored educational offerings. If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in one of our boot camps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913-439-1919 at least four weeks before the first day of class.
KU Coding Boot Camp - Part-time Program Website
KU Coding Boot Camp Brochure