Course detail: TECH1080 - Online Certificate in Spare Parts Inventory Management
This ten-week online course will help you develop the expertise, skills, policies, and systems to minimize your spare parts investment and maximize your spare parts availability. Based upon instructor Phillip Slater’s book, Spare Parts Inventory Management: A Complete Guide to Sparesology, this course is designed for managers, storeroom personnel, procurement team members, planners, and maintenance personnel.
Upon the completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking to identify, analyze, and solve spare parts inventory management problems.
- Develop and implement a spare parts management system appropriate to an organization’s resources and needs.
- Identify and differentiate critical spare parts and determine appropriate actions for stocking and supply.
- Evaluate existing and planned spare parts holding levels and determine if they are appropriate based on demand and supply constraints.
- Determine the suitability and application of bar coding systems as a tool for spare parts management.
- Develop and critique sparing plans for both First-time-buy (capital purchases) and Last-time-buy.
- Plan for and identify opportunities for minimizing spare parts obsolescence.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount (PDF Document)
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.