Course detail: Sustainability Management Measurement and Assessment
This self-paced online course covers the metrics and tools used to assess sustainability and environmental impact.
Attendees will learn to:
- Understand indicators and metrics used to gauge environmental impact of a project.
- Apply tools to determine how a project and its sustainability characteristics may positively (or negatively) contribute to human health and the environment.
- Analyze natural material resources and their flows to aid in the design of more sustainable processes.
- Illustrate how a carbon footprint can be calculated and how carbon emissions can be reduced and/or offset.
- Demonstrate how life cycle assessment can be used to measure the environmental sustainability of products, processes or services.
- Describe how environmental health risk assessment is a necessary step for developing methods of risk management.
Who should enroll?
The program is designed for anyone who wants to make sustainability an important part of their organization's operations - no prior background or experience in sustainability is necessary. Attendees will be better positioned to contribute to their organization's financial wellbeing while alleviating the negative environmental impact of their operation.
Download the certificate information PDF, which is linked below. It decribes the full course content and requirements.
(required) Principles of Sustainability Management
Sustainability Management Certificate Information (PDF Document)
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.