Course detail: TECH1120 - Online Certificate in Safety Instrumented Systems
The Online Certificate in Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) is an instructor-led live-online program consisting of four modules which cover the different aspects of the SIS life cycle in the standard ISA/IEC-61511. The program covers engineering requirements, design, analysis, evaluation, and maintenance of the systems. Besides learning the technical standards, students will gain practical insight from the instructor's years of experience in industry.
The course material, when combined with the required industry experience, will aid students to successfully pass the Certified Functional Safety Expert (CFSE/CFSP) examinations. The course material will also help students to enter into the field of instrumented safety systems or to better perform their work if they are already in the field.
- Differentiate between process control and safety control
- Understand the complete SIS life cycle as outlined in ISA/IEC61511
- Select safety integrity levels
- Evaluate a safety instrumented system
- Design, test and install a safety instrumented system
- Maintain and secure a safety instrumented system
Who should enroll:
- Engineers and technicians who are responsible for designing, installing, operating, and/or maintaining safety instrumented systems
- Process safety engineers
- Plant risk analysts
- Operators and maintenance technicians
- Anyone preparing for the Certified Functional Safety Expert (CFSE/CFSP) certification examinations
Schedule: Dates will be announced later in 2020
Module 1 - Introduction to SIS
Module 2 - SIS Design
Module 3 - Engineering and Testing
Module 4 - Operations and Maintenance
All online sessions are recorded, so those who miss them or want to watch again can view the recordings.
Learn more about the course content and delivery by downloading the information document found below under Course Resources.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount (PDF Document)
Online Certificate in Safety Instrumented Systems Course Information (PDF Document)
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.