Course detail: Process Control and Advanced Control Strategies Module 1
You can enroll and start at any time. You can take up to four months to complete the module at your own pace.
Module 1 - Processes, Controllers, and Tuning
Whether you're just starting your career, or you're an experienced professional, knowing the essentials of process dynamics, controller tuning methods and advanced regulatory control is vital for optimizing your plant's performance. This online certificate program will equip you with comprehensive essentials, including more advanced techniques such as identifying poor control, techniques for troubleshooting control problems, and skills for optimizing your control loops.
This is an on-demand, self-paced course. You can enroll and start at any time and work at your own pace by watching the recordings. You have up to four months to complete the module.
- Understand process dynamics and show their relevance to controller tuning.
- Describe the inner workings of PID controllers.
- Recognize different controller types, algorithms, and options, and describe when to use each.
- Apply the appropriate tuning techniques for different process types and tuning objectives.
Who Should Enroll?
This training is suited to entry-level personnel who want to understand process control and learn controller tuning techniques, and to experienced personnel who want to further their professional development, including:
- Control Engineers and Technicians
- Process Engineers
- Process Control Specialists
- Instrumentation Technicians
U.S. Federal Employee Discount (PDF Document)
Online Certificate in Advanced Control Strategies Course Information (PDF Document)