Course detail: Complex Electronic Hardware Development and DO-254 - ONLINE
This course reviews the fundamentals of developing and assessing electronic components to the standard RTCA/DO-254 Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware. The course also provides insight into the FAA's review process and guidance along with practical keys for successful development and certification. Practical exercises and in-class activities further enhance the learning process.
- The course addresses RTCA/DO-254 as applied via FAA Advisory Circular AC20-152
- FAA Order 8110.105 is addressed, as are current standard EASA certification review items and FAA issue papers
- Potential deficiencies in current regulatory guidance material is addressed versus the current state of practice verification techniques
- Best practices for requirements capture and subsequent verification methodologies are discussed
- White papers will be provided. Some out-of-class reading will enhance the participant's experience.
When this course is offered online for open enrollment delivery, it meets for 5 live-online sessions held every day (Monday through Friday) for 4 hours. All live sessions are recorded and made available online the following day.
For in-house training, contact us at email@example.com for your custom scheduling needs.
Who Should Attend?
Designed for developers, avionics engineers, systems integrators, aircraft designers and others involved in development or implementation of complex electronic hardware and programmable devices (application specific integrated circuits, field-programmable gate arrays, etc.).
Regular registration course fee: $1,595.
The online course fee includes individual access to the live-online course meetings and to course materials, readings, videos, and resources in Blackboard, the University of Kansas Learning Management System.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount
This course is available to U.S. federal employees at 10% off the registration fee. To receive the federal employee discount, you must enter the code FGVT116 during the checkout process. Please note that you must validate your eligibility to receive this discount by entering your U.S. government email address (ending in .gov or .mil) when creating your online registration profile. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Aerospace Compliance, Avionics and Avionic Components
Classroom hours / CEUs
21 classroom hours
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.