Course detail: Mindfulness Techniques in Public Safety
- Participants will support their wellness and resilience with skills learned in the physical, mental, spiritual and emotional areas required of law enforcement officers.
- Identify and Discuss qualities of a "Good Cop"
- Explain and recognize Empathy, Compassion and Emotions in self and others and its effect on job and personal lives
- Analyze the mind body connection and inspect its role in wellness
- Employ and experiment with various mindfulness concepts and exercises
- Discuss and illustrate mindfulness practices in daily life and on duty
- Design a personal plan to integrate mindful practices in your life
- Hands-on exercises
- All public safety personnel
- 100% attendance and participation
Wednesday, October 20, 2021, William L. White Auditorium, upstairs (Little Theater) (Emporia, KS)
Wednesday, March 23, 2022, Pittsburg Memorial Auditorium (Pittsburg, KS)
Wednesday, June 22, 2022, Seward County Sheriff's Office (Liberal, KS)