Certificate detail: ACSCERT - Certificate in Process Control and Advanced Control Strategies
The certificate consists of three modules covering the different aspects of control loop optimization, faultfinding, and application of advanced control strategies from a non-mathematical and practical point of view. The material is rich in practical examples and features many hands-on exercises (labs) using process simulation software to help you understand the important concepts covered during the course.
Participants in this program will learn to:
- Understand process dynamics and show their relevance to controller tuning.
- Describe the inner workings of PID controllers.
- Recognize different controller types, algorithms, and options, and describe when to use each.
- Apply the appropriate tuning techniques for different process types and tuning objectives.
- Employ techniques for quickly assessing the performance of control loops.
- Identify control valve and instrumentation problems.
- Find sources of process nonlinearity.
- Recognize performance issues that are not related to control loop problems.
- Identify how and when to apply cascade and feedforward controls.
- Understand the interaction of feedforward and cascade
- Understand the design, use and tuning of ratio and override controls.
- Optimize control loop performance.
Register for all three modules of the certificate at the same time and enter "ACSCERT" in the Promo Code box at check out to receive a $200 discount.
|Course title||Mandatory||Year span|
|Process Control and Advanced Control Strategies Module 1||Mandatory||2|
|Process Control and Advanced Control Strategies Module 2||Mandatory||2|
|Process Control and Advanced Control Strategies Module 3||Mandatory||2|