Event: Finances and the Farm - Education Only
Finances and the Farm: An online class to enhance your farm management skills
This hands-on and self-paced course is designed for educational purposes and does not fulfill Farm Service Agency (FSA) borrower's requirements. There are six lessons: Recordkeeping, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow, Goal Setting and Managing Family Living Expenses. The course includes 3.5 hours of material across 21 different videos and 2 hours of bonus content.
- Understand the structure of a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow
- Choose either Cattle/Crops or CSA/Farmers Market case farm to complete hands-on financial activities
- Be prepared to use financial management techniques for their own operation
- Set goals for their operation
- Learn how to make changes to avoid financial difficulties
The course also provides you access to bonus content which includes:
- Cost of Production
- Grain Marketing
- Family Communication
- Managing Farm Stress
If you need FSA borrower's training financial credit, click this link to go to the course approved for borrower's training. Course taught by Robin Reid, K-State Extension Farm Economist, and LaVell Winsor, K-State Farm Analyst.