Course Detail: CCBESTREC - Recordkeeping & Estimating For Construction Contractors
Students can take advantage of studying at their own pace with this online course. It is available via Video-on-Demand all term using your device. Successful contractors learn very quickly that it takes more than being a craftsman to run a business. The mark of a thriving business is an owner that also has a solid understanding of the back-office processes for their business. This requires you to have a solid foundation in business processes, recordkeeping and the ability to develop estimates that are fair to the contractor and client.
Work with experienced accounting and contracting professionals to learn how to manage your new venture at a profit. Be prepared to move forward confidently and avoid many of the common mistakes while you are waiting for your CCB License to arrive or focus on best practices if you are already in business.
You will learn to:
- Retain and sign documents required by CCB
- Know how owners are paid by the business
- Navigate the basics of bookkeeping
- Enter revenues (including how to handle pre-payments)
- Enter Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), general and administrative expenses
- Discover assets, liabilities and equity
- Gain knowledge of taxes for the self-employed
- Job-costing and how to handle subcontractors including estimate inputs and estimating tools
- Review marketing materials, and Estimating: The Art & Science.
This course offers eight (8) professional development /continuing education hours toward your CCB License requirements.
The online course will take about 6-8 hours to complete. Following completion of the online course, you will schedule an appointment with the class instructor to complete the process in order to receive your certificate of completion and continuing education credits. Additional no-cost advising sessions are available following course completion at our UCC SBDC location.