Course Detail: WELL-9239 - Bridging the Gap Between Gut and Mental Health - What's the Evidence
· List the importance of gut health, including its anatomy, and physiology.
· Describe Leaky Gut Syndrome, its causes, and its significance in gut health, and diagnostic tests and assessments.
· Explain the intricacies of the Gut-Brain Axis, how the gut impacts mental health, and the role of the microbiome in brain function and emotional balance.
· Describe the relationship between nutrition, diet, and gut health, and gut-healing foods and dietary patterns that promote optimal gut function, as well as their impact on mental health.
· List lifestyle factors and mind-body techniques to influence gut health and mental well-being, incorporating stress management, mindfulness, and relaxation practices into daily life for overall wellness.
Continuing Education: Upon successful completion, 3 contact hours will be awarded for nurses, counselors, dieticians and social workers. IAODAPCA contact hours have been applied for and are pending approval.