Course Detail: WELL-9210 - Cannabis Pharmacology: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
This three-hour, live webinar will review concepts related to the pharmacology of cannabis, including effects on the body and brain chemistry; review the diagnostic criteria for cannabis use disorder; treatment considerations; and information about medical marijuana.
- Review the history of cannabis use
- Discuss various formulations of cannabis
- Review cannabis pharmacology including drug metabolism
- Discuss how cannabis interacts with the pleasure reward center
- Review the effects of marijuana on the body's systems
- Discuss withdrawal
- Review the diagnostic criteria for cannabis use disorder
- Discuss treatment considerations for cannabis use disorder
- Review the pros and cons related to legal marijuana use and medical marijuana
This webinar is appropriate for alcohol and drug counselors, therapists, and registered nurses. Participants must have access to a computer and web camera. Within 24 hours of the webinar date, you will receive an email with a link to participate. This is a live event. All participants require internet access, a web camera and an email address.
*IAODAPCA contact hours have been applied for and are pending.