Course Detail: ACT1 - ACT Live-Online Institute
ACT Summer Institutes offer the same curriculum, materials, and online resources as our ACT Blitz classes, but they are scheduled during the summer when many students have more time available for practice. Live-Online Summer Institute classes give you a variety of schedule options to fit your summer plans.
ACT Prep Classes Offer:
- Expert Instructors: Our test prep instructors are highly trained professionals. Our experienced instructorsknow the ACT and care about helping you achieve your goal.
- Proven Strategies: The
curriculum was developed by test-prep experts, who have yearsof experience writing test questions and preparing students for success. Superior Materials: The ACT Prep Class includes the official preparation guide including practice testsfrom ACT and a course workbook.* Online Support: Our online support package for both in-person and live-online ACT classes includesaccess to recordings of all class modules, an instructor-monitored question forum, and online office hours.Access to the student portal which contains these online resources continues through 120 days after yourlast scheduled day of class, so you will still have support for your independent practice after class is over. Convenient Schedule Options: Classroom Test Prep programs are conveniently held on the campus of SIUE in Edwardsville , IL . Live-Online classes provide alternative schedules and theadded benefit of taking the class from anywhere in the world. Value: The course fee includes all course materials*, access to online resources, and instruction from atrained professional who cares about your success.
All ACT Prep Classes include:
- 16 hours of classroom instruction
- Experienced, dedicated instructors
- Official preparation guide which includes practice tests from ACT
- Course workbook
- Thorough presentations and explanations
- Review of frequently-tested topics
- Access to online support resources
- Practice solution techniques for problems containing variables.
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems.
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations.
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems.
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction.
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested.
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions.
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items.
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives.
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts.
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables.
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items.
- Use the process of elimination.
- Master time management skills.
- Minimize test anxiety.
- Identify common distractors.