Course Detail: CMA2 - Medication Assistant (CMA) II
Medication Assistant II (North Dakota Approved)/Medication Administration for Unlicensed Personnel (Minnesota Approved) is a 48-hour classroom/lab designed to train personnel in various settings i.e., nursing homes, etc. who will be administering medications in North Dakota or Minnesota. This course is being offered at Lake Region State College in Devils Lake, ND through an agreement with Minnesota State Community and Technical College.
This 48-hour classroom/lab component meets Minnesota requirements for medication administration. Students wanting to meet North Dakota requirements as a Medication Assistant II will need to complete this 48-hour classroom/lab component, plus an additional 32-hour clinical component with a facility within 6 months. (The 32-hour clinical component is not included as part of this course, therefore, students registering MUST already have an agreement in place with a facility to complete the clinical portion of the curriculum.) Once both training components are complete, students will be able to apply as a Medication Assistant II with the ND Department of Health.
- Current Certified Nurse Assistant registry status.
- Current Nursing Assistant registry status.
- Minnesota Department of Health Nursing Home Rules also state unlicensed nursing personnel who administer medications in a Minnesota nursing home must have completed a nursing assistant training program approved by the Minnesota Department of Health. (Proof of completion MUST be included with the registration form.)
- Legal requirements concerning drugs and drug administration
- General medication information
- Use of the PDR
- Overview of the body systems
- Drug classifications
- Practical medication administration procedures
1. Create an account, add the session to the cart, then follow the checkout process to pay online. Students/Facilities may also register by calling 701-662-1578 or emailing LRSC.trainnd@LRSC.edu. Please have your CNA registry number available for registration.2. Print and complete the following forms (links to these forms are below):
3. Submit completed forms to LRSC.trainnd@LRSC.edu or fax 701-665-4670.a. TrainND MA II Course Registration Formb. Application Questionnairec. Facility Registration Form (ND Only)d. Clinical Evaluator Form (ND Only)e. FERPA Release
Registration will not be considered complete until all necessary paperwork and payment or permission to invoice have been received by the TrainND office at Lake Region State College.
Cancellation more than 5 days prior to the start of training results in a 25% cancellation fee based on the class fee. Cancellation 5 days or less to the start of training results in no refund.
By registering for this course, you agree to the cancellation policy.
LRSC is an equal opportunity institution. For disability accommodation, please contact Sandi Lillehaugen, Human Resource Manager, Lake Region State College, (701) 662-1543.
Application Questionnaire (PDF Document)
FERPA Release (PDF Document) : Necessary if a sponsor, employer, or parent needs to be notified about student's progress in the course.
Clinical Evaluator Form (ND Only) (PDF Document) : Please submit this form to LRSC.trainnd@LRSC.edu or fax it to 701-665-4670.
TrainND MA II Course Registration Form 2024 (PDF Document)
Facility Registration Form 2024 (PDF Document)