Course Detail: CEPD-JJ01HY - Jaguar Jumps 1001: Post High School Advancement for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
Introduces college readiness concepts to individuals with intellectual disabilities who are striving for college readiness. Limited to individuals who qualify based on screening tools and agree to baseline assessments and intake process with ASSD staff.
Restrictions: Limited to individuals who qualify based on screening tools, agree to baseline assessments.
This course is one of a series of courses offered through the School of Extended Learning. The course materials and schedule prepare individuals with mild/moderate intellectual disabilities to understand the rigors of maintaining a college schedule or work training program schedule. The course is specifically designed for individuals who wish to develop skills to assist them to obtain employment and/or engage in their community and the world around them.
Expected Student LEARNING Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Attend a 90 minute course session without interruption
- Demonstrate readiness to participate in the course session by having all materials needed at hand
- Demonstrate how to access a library online system and appropriately interact with library staff
- Advocate for personal learning supports
- Identify available university and community supports
- Identify local DRS counselors, government leaders, civic leaders
Instructional MODALITY (ies): Lecture/discussion. 75% synchronous online, 25% F2F
· No required texts
· Materials will be distributed electronically to all students and also stored on the BB9 course shell
Technology Requirements (Materials and Equipment)
· Internet connection (DSL, LAN, or cable connection desirable)
· Access to BB/Website/Other
· System Requirement for BB
o This course requires minimum system (computer) requirements. Students are responsible for all software downloads, upgrades, updates, etc.
o Blackboard Learn 9.1 Always run a "tune up" when using BlackBoard Any questions you might have regarding BlackBoard can be found in Student Helpdesk in the BlackBoard Login page (GSU)
o Java Runtime Environment Java is required for Blackboard Learn 9.1. Download it from http://www.java.com/en/ Always check to make sure the latest version of Java is installed on your computer. Apple's MacOS10.x can ensure the latest version of Java for OSX by running the Apple Update.
o Acceptable Document Files The following document file types are considered acceptable for use in Blackboard and for submitting assignment work to the Blackboard system:
§ Microsoft Word: .doc,.docx, Microsoft Excel: .xls, .xlsx, Microsoft PowerPoint: .ppt, .pptx, Rich Text Format: .rtf, Adobe Acrobat: .pdf, Image form: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif,.png. (To determine the type of file you are submitting, simply right click the unopened file and select the "properties" tab)