The Social Media Professional Certificate is designed to provide you with the foundation and skill set needed in the evolving world of social media tools and strategies so they can be immediately applied in the workplace.
- ♦ Learn the current strategies being used in social media you can use immediately
- ♦ Incorporate social media into your future career goals
- ♦ Create and execute impactful social media campaigns
- ♦ Integrate social media concepts into your organization's overall marketing strategy
- ♦ Learn trends in mobile applications and how social media intersects with mobile technology
Who Should Participate and Why?
- ♦ Currently in a marketing role and want to expand your knowledge in marketing to include the latest social media tools and techniques
- ♦ Increased job responsibilities in the social media arena
- ♦ Desire to incorporate social media into your future career goals
- ♦ Thirst to know more about social media and its impact on 21st century best business practices
- ♦ Desire to build and expand your resume
NOTE: One week prior to class, you will be contacted by the instructor to complete a quick screening assessment.
The Power of Community: An Introduction to Social Media
Social media has become a powerful force that is changing our communication environment and presenting businesses with new challenges and opportunities. In this session, you'll learn what's behind the rise of social media and how your organization--whether it's a for-profit business, a non-profit, a community group, or a sole proprietorship--needs to respond.
Connecting With Your Community: Mastering Social Media for Business
Leveraging the power of social media can be incredibly challenging. This session will focus on the fundamentals of social media for business, including the three questions every organization needs to ask, the importance of a written social media strategy, how to staff your social media team (even if it's a team of one), and measuring results.
Building Your Community: Social Media Tools and Strategies
There's a lot to choose from when it comes to social media tools. Facebook? Twitter? LinkedIn? YouTube? Pinterest? Which have the most potential for you? In this session, you'll learn about the pros and cons of all the major social media sites--and a few lesser known ones--and how to put them to use.
Sharing Your Story With Your Community: Integrating Social Media into Your Marketing Plan
While social media is somewhat different than other promotional strategies, it works best when integrated into a master organizational marketing plan. This session will provide insight into where social media fits in and how you can position your organization to make the best use of your resources.
Class size is limited - register early!
Instructor Anthony Juliano has more than 10 years of marketing strategy experience and he has worked with a diverse group of successful organizations. He has a Master of Arts in English from IPFW, Bachelor of Arts from Salem State College, and a Master of Business Administration from Indiana Tech.