Micro Course Information: GASR121 - Diversity and Inclusion Toolkit
We are all influenced by the culture(s) in which we live, but we do not often think about how this impacts our interactions with others. Throughout this micro course, we will take an introspective look into ourselves by thinking about how we are affected by our own cultural upbringing. By taking a deep look into these core concepts of ourselves, we can improve our communication skills personally and in our workplaces. We will also explore the concept of cultural humility, which allows us to truly retreat from hasty judgments and work toward seeking a better understanding of our colleagues, customers, and/or clients.
After successfully completing this micro course, you'll be able to:
- - Assess your cultural self-awareness across various types of human differences
- - Examine your personal, cultural and workplace values effectively in order to interact more successfully with others
- - Develop communication skills that will improve your interactions with diverse communities
- - Explore cultural humility and cultural curiosity to improve communication in the workplace
Micro Course Outline
Unit 1 - Cultural Self-Awareness: Perception and Interpretation
Unit 2 - Personal and Workplace Values
Unit 3 - Communicating in a Diverse Workplace
Unit 4 - Cultural Humility and Curiosity
This micro course is part of the CareerPLUS Diversity & Inclusion badge, along with these other micro courses:
- - Understanding Diversity to Build Empathy
- - Inclusive Workplace Strategies
This micro course is 100% online, features 15 hours of engaging content, and is self-paced during the course open and close dates. You will receive access to the micro course on the 1st of the month, but you are free to work through the material when it works best in your schedule! More information is available on our CareerPLUS website or on our FAQ page.