PreCollege 1-Credit Online Courses
Fall and spring classes are designed for students to develop their creative voice and build skills in art, design, and creative thinking while earning elective college credit. Class offerings are modeled after Pratt's undergraduate offerings.
Please select one concentration from the list below:
Reconstruct the spaces you use every day. This course is designed to introduce students to ideas, principles, concepts, and methods of architectural design in a studio setting. Through a graduated sequence of exercises, students explore the architectural concepts of space, form, function, scale, site, structure, and inhabitation through analytic and generative approaches.
Write compelling stories. This course focuses on mastering the fundamentals of creative writing to develop strong narratives in one or more genres. Explore the art of creative writing through reading and writing assignments, class discussions, peer review, and faculty critique. Focus on examining story structure, the process of composing, and exploring your personal voice.
INDUSTRIAL DESIGNReimagine everyday objects. This course will introduce students to the process of designing objects intended to meet the everyday needs of society. In this course, students will examine how embracing today's social, physical, and ecological needs can present opportunities for creative design. Through drawing and model-making, students will explore, challenge, and redefine the forms and inventions with which we live.
PAINTING AND DRAWING
Translate the three-dimensional world onto a two-dimensional surface. This course covers fundamental issues in drawing and painting while enhancing perception and aesthetic awareness of Fine Art. Students will be familiarized with the visual language of line, shape, composition, proportion, perspective, and color; and are given the tools to express their ideas through a variety of techniques.
- TUITION $1,035 per sub-session.
- PAYMENT is required after registration is approved. All tuition payments must be received before the first day of class.
- SELECT a 1-credit sub-session below.
- Tuition does not include the cost of any materials or lab fees.
- Students enrolled in credit-bearing PreCollege classes receive elective credits accepted at Pratt and most colleges and universities.
- PreCollege courses support high school artists, designers, and creative thinkers and are not open to other audiences.
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.