AFMCP - Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP) synthesizes the latest medical research with a model of care that integrates each patient's individual history, genetics, and lifestyle factors. AFMCP equips clinicians to design effective, personalized treatments for each patient.
In a small-group, case-based setting, a team of experienced Functional Medicine clinicians teach participants how to use IFM's tools to improve outcomes for patients with chronic diseases.
What Clinicians Will Learn
- Established and emerging diagnostics, therapeutics, and prevention strategies
- How to design nutritional and lifestyle interventions to improve patient compliance and outcomes.
- How to integrate appropriate assessment tools to diagnose, treat, and assess patient outcomes from a Functional Medicine approach
- How to utilize innovative and practical assessment tools
- Methods to establish a mutually empowering partnership between clinician and patient
- The scientific basis for Functional Medicine principles and fundamental clinical imbalances
- How to apply key elements of the Functional Medicine Model in clinical practice
DC: Northwestern Health Sciences University (NWHSU) provides continuing education credit for chiropractic physicians. IFM submitted an application to NWHSU who applied to all states, except Arizona, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, New York, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin. For a complete list of states and approval hours, please contact email@example.com.
LAc: IFM is a continuing education provider (provider #0232) of the California Acupuncture Board (CAB). IFM has submitted an application for this course to CAB. Per the Recertification Handbook of the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental (NCCAOM), if a course is approved by a state acupuncture regulatory board, then it is eligible to submit with the re-certification application. Please contact your state acupuncture board to inquire if continuing education credits can be obtained from this course. Note: California acupuncturists must attend this course in full to receive CPEUs. Partial credit is not available.
For more information or to register, visit: https://discover.ifm.org/afmcp/