OCCHEALTH09 - Understanding OSHA and Building Effective Relationships with Health & Safety Professionals
Health and safety within the workplace environment has many complexities regardless the industry type. This course builds the Occupational DC's knowledge base and understanding of OSHA requirements placed on the employer and how the design and delivery of chiropractic services assist the employer for compliance to mandates.
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Develop a General Understanding of OSHA's History and Regulatory Authority.
- Understand EHS Professional Qualifications, Certifications, and General Organization in Industry.
- Understand the most common OSHA Regulations Structures and how to find them.
- Understand the General Duty Clause and its applicability to Ergonomics and Occupational Health.
- Understand the importance and intricacies of 29 CFR 1904.
- Develop a working knowledge of OSHA Logs, Recordable Injuries, and the implication for facilities.
- Understand how OSHA works with Employers.
- Identifying positive safety cultures and their impact on Occupational Health Contractors.
- Understand how to work with EHS Managers and Human Resources effectively.
- Proper use of Work-Ability Forms and identifying restrictions.