CCSP08 - Chiropractic Sports Injuries (CCSP) #8 of 9: Sports Physiology
This course will cover basic principles of exercise physiology, team physiology (working as part of an integrated healthcare team), modalities in sport, photobiomodulation in healthcare (LASER), and strength & conditioning for the sports chiropractor. The course will provide a basic overview of these topics as well as provide learners with principles they can incorporate into their sports chiropractic practice.
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Explain basic exercise physiology principles.
- Apply basic exercise physiology principles when treating athletes.
- Understand how to work as part of a healthcare team.
- Apply basic knowledge of therapeutic modalities to thetreatment of athletes.
- Explain the principles of photobiomodulation and apply these principles to the use of LASER with athletes.
- Understand and apply the basic principles of strength and conditioning for sports chiropractors.