GMP18 - Muscular Performance Self-Therapy Specialist
You will be stronger and your joints will move smoothly.You can help to expedite the recovery process and return your soft tissue and muscles to a healthy, flexible state with a brief treatment of muscle maintenance (also known as self-myofascial release).
- Demonstrate knowledge of self-myofascial release techniques.
- Identify the areas of the body that may be restraining function.
- Demonstrate the ability to find and self-treat trigger points.
- Demonstrate a complete self-myofascial release program.
- Demonstrate stretches for successful deactivation of trigger points.
- Gain a total understanding of myofascial anatomy, muscles and fascia.
- Learn what trigger points are and how they refer pain.
- Explore basic and more advanced trigger point self-care.
- Learn basic self-massage tips for myofascial trigger points.
- Gain knowledge on deep muscle self-care.
- Master stretching after self-care.
- Master stretching for injury prevention.
- Know when to refer clients for trigger point therapy.
- Explain many strange trigger point aches and pains.
- Learn medical factors that perpetuate pain.
- Examine solutions to repetitive overuse injuries for office workers, dentists and dental hygienists, factory workers, musicians, artisans, skilled laborers, etc.
GMP Fitness FAQ (PDF Document)