Onsite Chiropractic Care and Corporate Consulting Certificate #1 of 3: Applied ergonomics in the human/workplace interface.
Inappropriate workplace planning and design results in significant human suffering and economic losses. The vast majority of workplace ergonomic disorders involve the neuromusculoskeletal (NMS) system. This course will provide you with the time-honored, core principles of workplace ergonomics along with real-world case-studies and field applications to arrive at increased workplace safety, worker comfort and morale, increased efficiency and greater productivity.
When you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- Relate the history of workplace ergonomics to current work environments.
- Apply the components of workplace ergonomics including:
- workplace safety
- worker comfort
- increased efficiency
- greater productivity
- Familiarity with anthropometrics, as well as environmental and biomechanical stressors
- Identification of safety hazards via videos and photographs
- Comprehension of design and application for seated workers, controls, displays and robotics