2019 Update: Limited Radiography Program for the Chiropractic Assistant
Prepare yourself for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Limited Scope Radiography exam.
This course introduces radiography and radiographic positioning and prepares the learner to sit for the ARRT Limited Radiographer licensing exam. Topics include basic principles of X-ray physics; image generation and image exposure controls; quality assurance and control; film handling and processing; digital radiography; radiobiology and radiation protection; and patient positioning for radiographic views of the spine, extremities and chest/thorax. It concludes with a practice exam to help you prepare for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) limited scope radiography exam.
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Explain the basic physics principles relevant to radiography.
- Identify the components of a radiographic imaging system.
- Explain the processes used in producing a radiographic image including the generation of x-ray photons, their interaction with matter, the process of image acquisition and image processing.
- Explain the factors that control the photographic and geographic properties of a radiographic image.
- Explain the basic principles of radiobiology and radiation safety.
- Assess the technical quality of x-ray radiographic series and the need for repeating a view.
- Perform radiographic views relevant to chiropractic practice.
Clinical Hands-on Training/Assistance:
We encourage you to work with your chiropractor to re-enforce the skills you are learning. Hands-on experience is essential for mastering the positioning skills and aids in learning the details of the various view setups.
ARRT Exam (www.arrt.org):
When you are ready to take the ARRT exam, we have provided two resources above:
1. ARRT Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography Exam Handbook
2. Nebraska Application for ARRT Limited Radiographer Exam
For more information about ARRT state licensing exams visit https://www.arrt.org/about-the-profession/state-licensing. Each state has different rules so it is important that you understand and comply with your state's requirements.
Questions about course content: contact the instructor, Christopher Petrie at email@example.com.
Please note: this course is not transferable.