Course Detail: CEPD-LSCSOL - LCSW Preparation Course - Online
Governors State University's licensure review course provides intense preparation for the LCSW exams. This review course uses the most up-to-date examination materials from LEAP (Licensing Exam Preparation Services, LLC) and reflects the latest information for the DSM-5.
This course allows for the greatest flexibility through an online learning format. The video course presentation provides the convenience of online access 24/7 and even allows download for times when internet is not an option. This course may be viewed on two devices giving you the flexibility to watch the course from your laptop or listen to the course from your phone while driving, at the gym or doing housework. Unlike Zoom or Skype, you are not tied to the technical issue with other people in the course. This video course is prerecorded in a television studio and was a $60,000 process with a professional film crew. You will have 6 months of unlimited access to the video.
Course participants will also receive the LEAP 2020 Comprehensive Study Guide EBOOK 6-month subscription. The eBook reviews the key concepts from all content areas along with current practice questions and test taking strategies.
- Review of LCSW Recommended Test Taking Strategies
- Best approach to answering the questions
- Dissecting the question (use of qualifying words)
- How to pace yourself
- Review of major concepts in all content areas of the exam along with practice questions (both video and eBook). Topics include:
- Theories/Models of Human Growth & Development
- Review prominent theories & their unique identifiers
- Application of Theory /Concepts
- Consider scenarios to select the best intervention strategy based on the theories reviewed
- Lifespan development through adulthood (addiction models, loss& grief, etc.)
- Diversity and Social Justice
- Culture, race & ethnicity
- Sexual orientation, gender identity or expression
- Gender issues
- Social/economic justice
- Assessment, Intervention, Diagnosis & Treatment
- Intervention with Clients Systems / Case Management
- Professional Relationships - Values & Ethics
- NASW Code of Ethics
- Professional Relationships
- Legal & Professional Considerations
Start this course anytime, please contact Michelle email@example.com to schedule your start date.