Course Detail: OHFA - Human Factors Analysis and Classification System - HFACS (Online)
The Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS) is recognized as the leader in human factors analysis and classification. The HFACS system has direct application in Accident Investigation and Analysis, Risk Reduction Safety, Quality and Productivity improvement. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has teamed with HFACS, Inc. to provide specialized human factors training to promote improved human performance and safety.
Human error is associated with 60 to 80% of all accidents, injuries, and quality defects across a variety of industries including aviation, healthcare, mining and manufacturing. Managing human error is therefore fundamental to maintaining the viability and profitability of any organization.
This intensive online 2-day seminar provides training in the application of innovative methods for managing human error that are scientifically derived, empirically tested, and proven in the field. Participants will learn how to turn errors into information, information into knowledge, and knowledge into effective error management solutions.
This course can be completed independently, or toward the Certificate of Management in Aircraft Accident Investigation. The HFACS Workshop is also available in-person and offered in Daytona Beach, FL and Las Vegas, NV.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Integrate human factors and system safety concepts into the root cause analysis (RCA) process
- Utilize the Human Factors Analysis & Classification System (HFACS®) to identify systemic causes of human error during your RCA
- Transform traditional RCA tools like the fishbone diagram, fault trees, and link analysis using HFACS
- Implement the Human Factors Intervention matriX (HFIX®) to develop innovative corrective action programs
- Develop a human error database and tracking system for monitoring and evaluating performance improvement efforts
Attendees will receive:
- HFACS-RCA Handbook which includes HFACS Interview Guide
- HFACS/HFIX Checklist
- ERAU & HFACS Certificate of Completion
Course Structure - Zoom - Online Access
This two-day online course will be offered live during the scheduled timeframe, between the hours of 9am to 5pm EST. The course will consist of continuous live virtual sessions hosted in Zoom. It is your responsibility to ensure you can join a Zoom meeting prior to registration. To enable dialogue, access to speakers and a microphone are required and a camera is recommended. Live attendance is mandatory for all sessions and your undivided attention is required to ensure a successful and rewarding learning environment.
A cancellation charge of $100 will be assessed on any standard cancellations. A late cancellation charge of 25% of the course registration fee will be assessed on cancellations occurring within 14 days of the start of the course.