Certificate Detail: CYBR - Aviation Cybersecurity
About the Program
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's (ERAU) four-course Aviation Cybersecurity certificate program provides students with an understanding of the key elements of cybersecurity, the Internet of Things (IoT), and aviation cybersecurity. Learn the history, core principles, threats and attacks, defensive strategies, regulations and guidelines, and real-world examples. The Aviation Cybersecurity certificate focuses on defining the operational issues involved in preventing and mitigating cybersecurity threats in the aviation domain. The program begins with overview courses examining cybersecurity and the Internet of Things (IoT), then provides practical application of these concepts to the aviation industry.
Who Should Attend
The Aviation Cybersecurity certificate is designed to provide a strong foundation for those students interested in learning more about aviation cybersecurity. It is intended both for students new to the subject and the more experienced cybersecurity professional interested in learning more about aviation cybersecurity.
Upon completion of the program, students should be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the following high-level learning objectives:
- Core principles of cybersecurity threats, attacks, and defense
- Functions, characteristics, and cybersecurity vulnerabilities of the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cybersecurity principles as they relate to aviation:
- Functions, characteristics, and cybersecurity vulnerabilities of aviation IoT
- Specific cybersecurity threats and attacks against the aviation domain
- Application of the principles of cybersecurity defense to the aviation domain
- Professional verbal and written cybersecurity communication skills
- Industry-standard techniques for protecting aviation networks and data
- When: Courses are offered every other month.
- Where: Online. Courses are taught by an instructor in an asynchronous modality. Courses have designated start and end dates and required weekly assignments, though students are not required to log in at a specified time or day during the week. Students interact with instructors and classmates through discussion boards, assignments, and email.
- CBR 1000 Understanding Cybersecurity ($399)
- CBR 1010: Exploring the Internet of Things (IoT) ($399)
- CBR 1020: Introduction to Aviation Cybersecurity ($399)
- CBR 1030: Aviation Cybersecurity Threats, Actors, Tools & Techniques ($399)
|Course Title||Mandatory||Year Span|
|Understanding Cybersecurity [CBR 1000]||Mandatory||1|
|Exploring the Internet of Things (IoT) [CBR 1010]||Mandatory||1|
|Introduction to Aviation Cybersecurity [CBR 1020]||Mandatory||1|
|Aviation Cybersecurity Threats, Actors, Tools & Techniques [CBR 1030]||Mandatory||1|