Course Detail: CBR-1030 - Aviation Cybersecurity Threats, Actors, Tools & Techniques [CBR 1030]
In Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's (ERAU) Aviation Cybersecurity Threats, Actors, Tools & Techniques, students explore the cybersecurity threats and actors that pose risks to aviation. Course content reviews both tools and techniques used by malicious actors and those used to defend against threats and attacks. Students learn the fundamentals of developing an incident response plan and operational defense plan to prepare an organization to respond to cybersecurity threats and attacks.
Aviation Cybersecurity, Threats, Actors, Tools & Techniques may be taken individually or toward satisfaction of ERAU's Aviation Cybersecurity Certificate program requirements.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to provide a strong foundation in cybersecurity for those students interested in learning more about aviation cybersecurity. It is intended both for students new to the subject and the more experienced cybersecurity professional interested in learning more about aviation cybersecurity.
- Review vulnerabilities in, threats to, and attack opportunities in the aviation infrastructure
- Examine specific aviation cyber-attack methods and techniques
- Evaluate cyber-defense tools, techniques and processes to prevent or mitigation aviation cyber-attacks
- Apply operational cybersecurity defense principles to build a strong defense against aviation cyber-attacks
- Demonstrate appropriate academic and professional communication skills.
This is an online asynchronous instructor facilitated course with weekly modules and assignments, but no scheduled meeting times. Students should plan to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week working through the course. Coursework is web-based with no additional software required, although a reliable internet connection is recommended. All courses open 48 business hours in advance of each start date, and must be completed by their scheduled end dates. Digital certificates are available upon successful completion of individual courses. Printed certificates are mailed only upon completion of a full certificate program.