Performance management is a complex system of rewards, interventions, and collaboration among teams, leaders, and the organization. Effective systems are necessary for critical management functions, including operational control, planning, and decisions related to compensation and employment. This program focuses on the human resource role in developing and maintaining performance management systems. You will learn:
- How performance planning links organizational goals and values to standards of performance
- The elements of an effective, positive appraisal process
- How to develop an appraisal system consistent with the organization's priorities
- How to set measurable goals that support the strategic plan
- How to prepare for and conduct performance appraisal meetings
- Methods for addressing and resolving performance problems
This course is part of the Certificate Program in Human Resource Management. If you intend to complete the certificate program, please enroll in the program after registering for the course.
It is recommended that Intro to Human Resources Management be taken before the other courses in the HR Certificate but it is not required to do so. Each required course in the HR Certificate Program is offered in both Portland and Lewiston during the course of the school year.
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information:
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.