Working in Outdoor and Indoor Heat Environments
This course provides awareness-level training for heat stress to those trades that may be susceptible to heat stress and those who are charged for ensuring their safety. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain what heat stress is and why it is important.
- Recognize factors that may contribute to heat stress.
- describe what types of trades and professions are at risk of heat stress.
- Recognize controls and preventative measures that eliminate or reduce the impact of heat stress.
- Use available resources to identify the potential risk for heat stress.
- Apply basic knowledge of heat stress risk factors to screen scenarios for heat stress.
- Apply knowledge of heat stress controls and preventative measures to eliminate or reduce the impact of heat stress in various scenarios.
- Recognize first aid steps to be taken in the event of a heat-related illness.