T&L 2900: VIR: iPads in Education
There is much that has been said about the iPad and how this technology can make a difference to teaching and the classroom. Its design, functionality and capabilities certainly offer lots of possibilities for the education arena, however how effective is the iPad technology really as a teaching tool?
This course explores how the iPad works and looks at the huge realm of applications; and links the technology with the new "Core Standards" and provides opportunities for teachers taking this course to:
- Learn how iPads work and also discover the hidden uses of the iPad.
- Understand how applications can reflect the "Core Standards" and learning outcomes.
- Learn how to incorporate iPads into your daily lesson plans.
- Develop the use of iPad applications as an assessment tool.
- Develop the concept of what an iPad classroom can look like.
- Appreciate the benefits for students.
This iPad course is different to any other as it not only provides instruction on applications and how to use them; it demonstrates how using the iPad and applications can be implemented into the Core Standards; and then links the Core Standards to classroom content through providing opportunities for practical lesson design and assessment.
Please refer to the Course Resource document for more course information (requirements, grading, etc.)
Please watch for an email from your instructor, using the email address email@example.com. Please check your junk or spam files during this timeframe to make sure your computer has not filtered out this important email.
iPads in Education (Course at a Glance) (PDF Document)