Course Detail: GMAT105 - GMAT TEST PREP Course Live On-Line Synchronous Class
GMAT TEST PREP: Students in this course receive 24 hours of expert classroom instruction on the Quantitative, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning, and Analytical Writing sections of the GMAT. This comprehensive course includes a review of the mathematical and verbal concepts tested on the GMAT and prepares you for the questions typically seen on this test. You will also strengthen the critical thinking skills tested in both the Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing sections. The GMAT Prep Class includes expert instruction, a proven format, all required course materials, access to diagnostic exams, and online support resources in one convenient, affordable package.
UMBC's GMAT Prep Classes Offer:
Expert Instructors: Our test-prep instructors are highly trained professionals. Our experienced instructors know the GMAT and care about helping you achieve your goal.
Proven Strategies: Our curriculum was developed by test-prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success.
Superior Materials: The GMAT Prep Class includes a course workbook and the official textbook from GMAC containing previously released test questions.
GMAT Prep Class Session Information:
Quantitative Topics Include:
- Strategies for handling math questions in the challenging data sufficiency format
- Approaches to math questions presented in abstract form
- Tactics for translating difficult real-world word problems into algebraic expressions or equations
- Review of the mathematical concepts tested in each of the GMAT quantitative formats
Verbal Topics Include:
- Spotting correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems
- Understanding the key components of arguments in critical reasoning problems
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
Integrated Reasoning Topics Include:
- Interpreting data from tables, graphs, text, and other sources
- Dealing with multiple questions about the same data
- Analyzing data from multiple columns for Two-Part Analysis questions
General Topics Include:
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time-management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distractors
GMAT Test Prep classes are offered in real-time via online. Our live-online programs give you the familiar experience of working within a traditional classroom setting. Online Support: Our online support package includes access to recordings of all class modules, an instructor-monitored question forum, and online office hours. Access to online resources continues through 120 days after your last scheduled class session, so you will still have support for your independent practice after class is over.
We offer a FREE GMAT workshop. This is a one hour informative introduction to the GRE General Test. Learn about the test and pick up a few tricks.
The Live-Online GMAT Prep Course is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. All you need are a high-speed internet connection, speakers or head phones, and Adobe Flash Player, which can also be downloaded for free.
Course materials will be delivered directly to your home.
Check your system for Compatibility
Download Adobe Flash Player