Course Detail: ACTO103 - ACT TEST PREP COURSE Live On-Line Synchronous Class
ACT TEST PREP COURSE Live On-Line Synchronous Class: UMBC ACT Prep Class offers serious preparation for these high-stakes undergraduate admissions tests. All of our ACT Prep Class options include expert instruction, a proven format, all required course materials, access to diagnostic exams, and online support resources in one convenient, affordable package.
ACT Prep Classes Offer:
Expert Instructors: Our test-preparation instructors are highly trained professionals. Our experienced instructors know the ACT and care about helping you achieve your goal.
Proven Strategies: The UMBC curriculum was developed by test-prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success.
Superior Materials: The ACT Prep Course includes the official preparation guide with practice tests from ACT and a course workbook.*
All ACT Prep Classes include:
- 16 hours* of expert classroom instruction
- Experienced, dedicated instructors
- Official preparation guide including practice tests from The College Board
- Thorough presentations and explanations
- Review of frequently tested topics
- Access to online support resources
All ACT Prep Classes cover:
- Practice solution techniques for problems containing variables.
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems.
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations.
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems.
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction.
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested.
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions.
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items.
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives.
Science Reasoning Topics:
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts.
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables.
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items.
General Test Taking Topics:
- Use the process of elimination.
- Master time management skills
- Minimize test anxiety
- Identify common distractors.
ACT Test Prep classes are offered in real-time via online. Our live-online programs give you the familiar experience of working within a traditional classroom setting. Online Support: Our online support package includes access to recordings of all class modules, an instructor-monitored question forum, and online office hours. Access to online resources continues through 120 days after your last scheduled class session, so you will still have support for your independent practice after class is over.
We offer a FREE ACT/SAT workshop. This one hour informative introduction to the ACT and SAT. Learn about the test and pick up a few tricks.
System Requirements:The Live-Online ACT Prep Course is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free application. All you need are a high-speed internet connection, speakers or headphones.
Course materials will be delivered directly to your home.
Check your system for Compatibility
Download Adobe Flash Player