Course Detail: SUAS-6000 - Airworthiness Certification of Unmanned Systems
This course features an in-depth examination of existing airworthiness certification processes and applies them to the emerging field of unmanned aircraft systems. Students will be introduced to basic UAS applications, the history of UAS, an explanation of airworthiness standards, certification organizations, airworthiness requirements and UAS type certifications. Students will complete a small UAS (sUAS) certification project of their choosing as part of the course requirements.
The explosive growth of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) across the globe has created expansive growth in the numbers of UAS systems, operators, and pilots across the globe. In prior years, this growth was mostly unregulated and uncontrolled. Much like UAS's bigger brother, manned aircraft, the community recognizes that standards and certification efforts are required to ensure public safety. This course focuses on the history and definition of UAS, various UAS applications and classes, and the definition of airworthiness, criteria, and standards. Students will select and develop a UAS certification package (case study) of their choosing as part of this class.
Who Should Attend
- Domestic and International UAS Owners and Operators
- Government and Non-Government Agencies
- Engineers, administrators, managers and certification specialist from airlines, aircraft maintenance organizations, and maintenance repair and overhaul organizations.
- Managers and engineers from civil Aviation Authorities and regulators.
- Summarize the history of UAS.
- Outline the various UAS Applications and Classes.
- Define a UAS.
- Define Airworthiness.
- Recognize Airworthiness Safety Standards.
- Locate Airworthiness Standards Criteria.
This is a 100% online asynchronous instructor facilitated course with no scheduled class times. This course is web-based with no additional software required, reliable internet connection is recommended. Course must be completed by the scheduled end date. A digital printable certificate is available upon the successful completion of this course. Printed certificates are mailed for complete programs only.
A brochure of all of our sUAS courses is available here: sUAS Brochure