Course Detail: SUAS-4040RPIPFA - TOP Remote Pilot Instructor Recertification Practical Flight Assessment in association with AUVSI [sUAS 4040RPIPFA]
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's (ERAU) Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International's (AUVSI) Trusted Operator Program* (TOP) Remote Pilot Instructor Recertification Practical Flight Assessment (PFA) is designed for TOP Remote Pilot Instructors seeking recertification. AUVSI requires TOP remote pilot instructors recertify every 2 years. Students must complete all TOP Level 2 or TOP Level 3 recertification academic requirements prior to PFA registration. The required flight assessment can be done virtually, by appointment, with the assigned Department of Flight faculty member.
Students will recertify at TOP Level they are currently certified at, minimum of Level 2.
*AUVSI Recertification fee of $120 not included. Payment of TOP Remote Pilot Instructor certification fee is required for recertification.
Who Should Attend
To achieve TOP Remote Pilot Instructor Recertification, operators are required to already possess TOP Level 3 certification or TOP Level 2 certification, TOP Level 1 certification and a current CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate:
- Remote pilot instructors looking to recertify expired or expiring TOP remote pilot instructor certification
*Remote pilots that do not have a current CFR Part 107 RPC or initial Remote Pilot Instructor certification should enroll in SUAS 2000 Ground School, SUAS Fundamentals of Instruction, TOP Level 1, TOP Level 2 and TOP Level 3.
Practical Flight Assessment (PFA) Requirements
- Students must develop apparatus used for flight assessment according to NIST standards for virtual PFA.
- Student is responsible for appropriate streaming platform required for virtual PFA.
- Students must use their own commercial, off-the-shelf aircraft with a gimbaled RGB camera (e.g., DJI Mavic Pro, Phantom 4, Yuneec Typhoon H).
- Students must provide proof of current RPC.
- Students must provide a current logbook.
- Students must have commercial liability insurance in place during their PFA (Verifly, SkyWatch AI, or similar with 1 million liability).
- Flight standards will be in accordance with ASTM F3266.7100 and flown on a NIST apparatus.
- Batteries must be OEM and not modified.
- There is no guarantee that the student will pass the PFA. This course is for experienced users only. Recommend students possess flight training prior to attending this course.
Check out more about AUVSI's Trusted Operator Program!*
See Available Sessions below. Please contact the ERAU Worldwide Office of Professional Education for the latest information and any questions related to recertification.
*Trusted Operator Program is the trademark of AUVSI