Course Detail: SUAS-4020L2PFA - TOP Level 2 Recertification Practical Flight Assessment in association with AUVSI [sUAS 4020L2PFA]
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's (ERAU) Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International's (AUVSI) Trusted Operator Program* (TOP) Level 2 Recertification Practical Flight Assessment (PFA) is designed for TOP Level 2 remote pilots seeking recertification. AUVSI requires TOP Level 2 pilots recertify every 2 years. Students must complete all TOP Level 2 recertification academic requirements prior to PFA registration. The required flight assement can be done virtually, by appointment, with the assigned Department of Flight faculty member.
*AUVSI Recertification fee of $120 not included. Payment of TOP Level 2 certification fee is required for recertification.
Level 2 certification builds upon the skills and knowledge of TOP Level 1 and provides an in-depth analysis of the following learning outcomes:
- Operations that require a FAR Part 107 waiver
- Operations that require a visual observer, or sensor operator
- Operations with elevated risk factors or complexity including, but not limited to; operations close to airports, helipads, populated areas, people and livestock.
Who Should Attend
- Remote pilots looking to recertify expired or expiring TOP Level 2 certification
Practical Flight Assessment (PFA) Requirements
- Students must develop apparatus used for flight assessment according to NIST standards for virtual PFA.
- Student is responsible for appropriate streaming platform required for virtual PFA.
- Students must use their own commercial, off-the-shelf aircraft with a gimbaled RGB camera (e.g., DJI Mavic Pro, Phantom 4, Yuneec Typhoon H).
- Students must provide proof of current RPC.
- Students must provide a current logbook.
- Students must have commercial liability insurance in place during their PFA (Verifly, SkyWatch AI, or similar with 1 million liability).
- Flight standards will be in accordance with ASTM F3266.7100 and flown on a NIST apparatus.
- Batteries must be OEM and not modified.
- There is no guarantee that the student will pass the PFA. This course is for experienced users only. Recommend students possess flight training prior to attending this course.
Check out more about AUVSI's Trusted Operator Program!*
See Available Sessions below. Please contact the ERAU Worldwide Office of Professional Education for the latest information and any questions related to recertification.
*Trusted Operator Program is the trademark of AUVSI