Course Detail: SUAS-4000L2 - Trusted Operator Program™ (TOP) Level 2
The Level 2 AUVSI Trusted Operator Program* (TOP) workshop is designed for certified remote pilots who have completed AUVSI TOP Level 1 certification. This workshop is available online with a required Practical Flight Assessment (PFA) scheduled at a later date. Level 2 certification is for operators who require a Part 107 waiver, a visual observer or sensor operator, or those that fall outside the Part 107 regulation.
Level 2 certification is designed for UAS operations that include any of the characteristics of Level 1 plus the following learning outcomes:
- Operations that require a FAR Part 107 waiver
- Operations that require a visual observer, or sensor operator
- Operations with elevated risk factors or complexity including, but not limited to; operations close to airports, helipads, populated areas, people and livestock.
Practical Flight Assessment (PFA) Requirements
- Students must use their own commercial, off-the-shelf aircraft with a gimbaled RGB camera (e.g., DJI Mavic Pro, Phantom 4, Yuneec Typhoon H).
- Students must bring proof of current RPC.
- Students must bring a current logbook.
- Students must have commercial liability insurance in place during their PFA (Verifly, SkyWatch AI, or similar with 1 million liability).
- Flight standards will be in accordance with ASTM F3266.7100 and flown on a NIST apparatus.
- Batteries must be OEM and not modified.
- There is no guarantee that the student will pass the PFA. This course is for experienced users only. Recommends students possess flight training prior to attending this course.
- Transportation to/from the classroom and flight area is the responsibility of the student.
Upcoming PFA Schedule:
- May 15 in Daytona Beach, Florida: CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19, contact office to schedule.
Please note: Embry-Riddle is not responsible if weather precludes completion of the PFA. PFAs are typically planned for weekends. However, Embry-Riddle reserves the right to schedule in accordance with group size.
*Trusted Operator Program is the trademark of AUVSI
July 1-29, 2020, Online Course with In-Person Practical Flight Assessment
August 1-29, 2020, Online Course with In-Person Practical Flight Assessment
September 1-29, 2020, Online Course with In-Person Practical Flight Assessment
October 1-29, 2020, Online Course with In-Person Practical Flight Assessment
November 1-29, 2020, Online Course with In-Person Practical Flight Assessment