Course Detail: SUAS-3200 - Developing a sUAS Standardization Program
This course examines SUAS standardization programs for any Public Safety organizations. The course includes; the regulatory framework SUAS can operate within, petitioning the Federal Aviation Administration for a Public Aircraft Operations (PAO) Certificate of Authorization (COA), identifying key personnel, and performing crew-member evaluations. The course will also explore elements of flight operations documentation necessary to standardize the way crew-members perform.
Prerequisite: SUAS-3000 - sUAS Fundamentals for Public Safety
- Regulatory frameworks to operate sUAS
- sUAS Safety management within Public Safety organizations
- Standardizing flight operations and procedures
Who Should Attend
Members of Public Safety (Fire/EMS/Police) organizations involved with unmanned systems programs and operations.
- Compare SUAS Public Aircraft Operations to Commercial Operations
- Develop a Federal Aviation Administration Certificate of Authorization (COA) application for SUAS Public Aircraft Operations
- Identify the elements of a sUAS Safety Management System and Individual Flight Risk Assessment (IFRA)
- Define key personnel in a UAS standardization program
- Compare proficiency to currency
- Determine crewmember evaluation requirements
- Identify the elements of a Flight Operations Manual and Standard Operating Procedure
- Identify the elements of SUAS checklist