Course Detail: SUAS-1500 - Fundamentals for Starting an sUAS Small Business
Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) provides students with an introduction to business and operational fundamentals. This four-week course explores business topics such as assessing personal liability by forming a company, choosing the correct form of business, analyzing steps needed to form a limited liability company, and a discussion of legal documentation. The operational portion of this class covers equipment requirements, advertising, insurance, compliance, safety, post-flight processing and customer requirements.
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in operating or starting a small business utilizing sUAS to provide services to a customer.
- Assess legal protection afforded under different business entities
- Select appropriate business entity
- Analyze steps needed to start an LLC
- Assess and distinguish between needed legal documents
- Determine business plan requirements
- Investigate appropriate aircraft for business needs, determine appropriate insurance and compliance options
- Explore market options
- Examine customer interaction
- Identify Safety Management Systems (SMS) components for the business entity
- Interpret FAA regulations
- Examine flight preparation and flight execution
- Examine flight checklists and explore post-flight processing applications
This is a 100% online asynchronous instructor facilitated course with no scheduled class times. Coursework is web-based with no additional software required, although a reliable internet connection is recommended. Courses must be completed by their scheduled end dates. Digital certificates are available upon successful completion of individual courses. Printed certificates are mailed only upon completion of a full certificate program.
A brochure of all of our sUAS courses is available here: sUAS Brochure