Course Detail: CBR-1020 - Introduction to Aviation Cybersecurity
In this course, students will examine how cybersecurity impacts aviation including commercial air traffic, unmanned aircraft systems, air traffic control, and aerospace. Students will review the threats to aviation security and mitigations of those threats. Students will also review regulations, recommendations and best practices in aviation cybersecurity and how these can be incorporated into an operational plan of securing aviation systems.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to provide a strong foundation in cybersecurity for those students interested in learning more about aviation cybersecurity. It is intended both for students new to the study of cybersecurity and the more experienced cybersecurity professional who is interested in learning more about aviation cybersecurity.
- Review the elements of the aviation infrastructure.
- Identify vulnerabilities, threats, and attack opportunities against the aviation infrastructure.
- Analyze the role of the pilot in mitigating aviation cyber-attacks.
- Assess the regulations and best practices to prevent and mitigation aviation cyber-attacks.
- Apply operational cybersecurity defense principles to an aviation cyber defense plan.
- Demonstrate appropriate academic and professional communication skills.
This is a 100% online asynchronous instructor facilitated course with no scheduled class times. This course is web-based with no additional software required, reliable internet connection is recommended. Course must be completed by the scheduled end date. A digital printable certificate is available upon the successful completion of this course. Printed certificates are mailed for complete programs only.
Coming soon: March 2021
A brochure of all of our aviation cybersecurity courses is available here: Aviation Cybersecurity Brochure