Course Detail: CBR-1000 - Understanding Cybersecurity
In this first course of the Aviation Cybersecurity Certificate program, students will review the evolution of cybersecurity and learn about the core cybersecurity goals of confidentiality, integrity, and availability as they apply to protect systems and information. Students will explore the operational aspects of cybersecurity, including access control, physical security, networking and telecommunications, business continuity, applications, and risk management. Students will examine the principle of defense-in-depth as a key strategy in cybersecurity defense. The course will also review cyber-attacks, including types of attacks, methodology and tools used in attacks, and motivations of attackers. The course will include a global review of cybersecurity frameworks, laws, and regulations. Lastly, students will examine best practices in building an operational cybersecurity defense plan.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to provide a strong foundation in cybersecurity for those students interested in learning more about aviation cybersecurity. It is intended both for students new to the study of cybersecurity and the more experienced cybersecurity professional who is interested in learning more about aviation cybersecurity.
- Examine the core principles of cybersecurity, including confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA).
- Evaluate the design and implementation of layered cybersecurity defense.
- Analyze cybersecurity vulnerabilities, threats, and attack vectors.
- Assess the types and motivations of cybersecurity attackers and methods of attack.
- Apply operational cybersecurity defense principles to support resilience and risk mitigation.
- Distinguish global laws, regulations, frameworks, and policies related to cybersecurity defense.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional communication skills.
This is a 100% online asynchronous instructor facilitated course with no scheduled class times. This course is web-based with no additional software required, reliable internet connection is recommended. Course must be completed by the scheduled end date. A digital printable certificate is available upon the successful completion of this course. Printed certificates are mailed for complete programs only.
A brochure of all of our aviation cybersecurity courses is available here: Aviation Cybersecurity Brochure
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.