Course Detail: P_TALENTACQ_ONLINE - Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement, and Retention - Online
Let's take a close look at the employment life cycle starting with what happens before recruitment begins and ends after employment terminates. In this course, we will focus on key management challenges, common gaps in talent management strategy, employment culture, employee experience, performance management, role modeling leadership behaviors, and employment termination.
- Methods to recruit and retain individuals who like what your organization has to offer
- How to ensure your employee personnel file documentation is defensible
- Checking references and giving references the right way
- Engaging employees and retaining your high performers
- Terminating the employment relationship with dignity
This course is part of the Certificate Program in Human Resource Management. It is recommended that Intro to Human Resources Management be taken before the other courses in the HR Certificate but it is not required to do so.
*This course was formerly called Recruitment and Employment and was changed as of 10/31/2019
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information: