Course Detail: P_MANTRDEV_ONLINE - Managing Training & Development - Online
This participatory course provides an overview of the role and contribution of training and development within an organization. The course assists human resource professionals and managers responsible for training and development of staff to utilize their resources better to maximize the impact of training. Participants will learn to apply skills to their own situations through two written assignments.
- Identify key competencies needed by HR professionals
- Conduct needs assessments and determine learning needs
- Create a training design overview
- Work effectively with internal and external resources
- Design learning interventions
- Choose appropriate delivery options
- Market HRD and publicize the value of training
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training
Who Should Attend?
Human resource professionals and managers responsible for training and development of staff.
This course is part of the Certificate Program in Human Resource Management.
It is recommended that Intro to Human Resources Management be taken before the other courses in the HR Certificate but it is not required to do so.
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information: