This participatory course provides an overview of the role and contribution of training and development within an organization. The course assists human resource professionals and managers responsible for training and development of staff to utilize their resources better to maximize the impact of training. Participants will learn to apply skills to their own situations through two written assignments.
You will learn how to:
- Identify key competencies needed by HR professionals
- Conduct needs assessments and determine learning needs
- Create a training design overview
- Work effectively with internal and external resources
- Design learning interventions
- Choose appropriate delivery options
- Market HRD and publicize the value of training
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training
This course is part of the Certificate Program in Human Resource Management. If you intend to complete the certificate program, please enroll in the program after registering for the course.
It is recommended that Intro to Human Resources Management be taken before the other courses in the HR Certificate but it is not required to do so. Each required course in the HR Certificate Program is offered in both Portland and Lewiston during the course of the school year.
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information: