The goal of this 48 hour Nutrition program is to provide the practitioner a complete Nutritional System that will provide you the knowledge and confidence to help your patients IMMEDIATELY. Though each session is a stand alone, each session will build upon each other by following a simple framework of thinking using a simple acronym (STAMP) that will help guide you through a thought process that is quick and efficient.
This simple yet effective framework will guide you through patient history, questionnaires, lab testing, physical exams, diets and lots of detailed protocols. In addition, during the length of the series all attendees will have access to a private online community with direct access to Dr. Sefcik, as well as other attendees to help support each other as you implement this nutritional system.
This the the ultimate nutritional system that you have been waiting for. Who should attend? All health professionals and office staff. It's critical to have everyone in the office on the same page to more effectively implement this simple system.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to take advantage of the student scholarship, you need to be a currently enrolled NWHSU student and attend all 4 courses (all 48 hours).
This program provides doctors of chiropractic and T5+ chiropractic students the opportunity to learn the age-old technique of acupuncture in levels of progression. Each session incorporates classroom and laboratory practicum to advance your acupuncture knowledge along with your clinical application skills. It offers an overview and basic training in acupuncture theory and techniques.
In order to qualify for the NBCE acupuncture exam and use acupuncture as a adjunct therapy, you must complete this program in its entirety, and succsscully pass all of the examinations.
At the completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) theory.
- Demonstrate proficiency in identifying and needling common acupuncture points.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying acupuncture and TCM theory to clinical compliants and conditions.
- Confidently incorporate acupuncture in the treatment of common and complex clinical conditions.
You must come prepared to expose parts of your body so your partners can needle you and vis-versa. Dressing rooms are available in the lab classroom. Therefore, ALWAYS bring a gown or gown top, swimsuit, shorts, or loose clothing that will allow for this. T-back sport bras are NOT a good choice since they don’t allow easy access to the thoracic spine.
Clean Needle Kit:
All students are required to purchase a clean needle kit. The University Bookstore has assembled all of the items for you. The container to house all of these items must be a hard sided case to contain all supplies (i.e. tackle box like – a soft case is not acceptable). You will be able to purchase the kit prior to class from the Bookstore, or you can buy it on day 1 of the class. It costs $185 (save $40 from buying separately).
- A Manual of Acupuncture, (2nd edition, hardcover) Peter Deadman ISBN-13: 978-0951054659
- Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion Cheng Xinnong ISBN-13: 978-7119017587
- (NEW) The Foundations of Chinese Medicine: A Comprehensive Text for Acupuncturists & Herbalists, (2nd edition) Giovanni Maciocia ISBN-13: 978-0702052163
- (NEW) Clean Needle Technique for Acupuncturists, (7th edition) - download your free copy here http://www.ccaom.org/downloads/7thEditionManualEnglishPDFVersion.pdf.
- The Web that has No Weaver Ted Kaptchuck: ISBN-13: 978-0809228409
- Tongue Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine Giovanni Maciocia: ISBN-13: 978-0939616190
- Close to the Bone: The Treatment of Musculo-skeletal Disorder with Acupuncture and other Traditional Chinese Medicine David Legge: ISBN-13: 978-0731691173
- Motor Point Index - An Acupuncturist's Guide to Locating and Treating Motor Points (Kindle Edition), Matt Callison
1. Clean Needle Technique Examination (Written & Practical)
2. Comprehensive Final Written Examination
3. Comprehensive Final Practical Examination
A score of 70% or greater is required on all examinations for successful program completion. Competency in performing assigned acupuncture points must be demonstrated. If a score of 70% is not achieved, there is one opportunity for repeating the examination.
CRITERIA FOR PROGRAM COMPLETION CERTIFICATE:
Attendance of all classroom-training hours (105 total hours). Successful completion of all program examinations.
In Minnesota, the Board of Chiropractic Examiners requires you to attend this program in its entirety (no hours earned outside this program are accepted) and pass the NBCE acupuncture exam. If you plan to practice in another state, we recommend you check directly with your state licensing board about their eligibility requirements.
NWHSU partners with the ICPA to offer the Chiropractic Pediatric Certification Program. The ICPA Certification Program provides chiropractors and T4+ chiropractic students with fundamental clinical skills, knowledge, and research pertaining to the care of children and pregnant mothers.
The program is designed to build your confidence as a family practitioner and guide you and your practice model towards the creation of health, building the vitality and adaptability of those that you serve.
The full program consists of 14 seminars, 2 Research Projects and 1 Final Exam. When you complete the program, ICPA graduates are eligible for the credentials CACCP: Certified by the Academy Council of Chiropractic Pediatrics.You can take one class on it's own, or complete all the classes in the series to earn the certification.
For more information and to register, visit: https://icpa4kids.com/training/locations/minneapolis-minnesota/
Complete this three-session hands-on program and our Chiropractic Sports Injuries (CCSP) online courses to prepare yourself to apply for the Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) exam offered by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians (ACBSP).
Since 1980, the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians™ (ACBSP) has led the development of sports medicine certification and has managed a world-class credentialing process that ensures certified sports chiropractors meet competency standards to effectively work with and treat athletes and those engaged in athletic activities.
Buy all three hands-on sessions for just $699 (save $51 over purchasing them separately).
Get started today! We are excited about this new and improved chiropractic sports injuries program. Our sports injuries program prepares you to apply to sit for the Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) exam. You learn from instructors with extensive teaching and clinical experience to gain the skills you need to treat sports injuries and athletes. Complete this NEW 75-hour online program and attend our 3-session on campus sports hands-on program.
Another hands-on program will be offered in Fall 2020. You will learn emergency procedures, extremity adjusting, therapeutic muscle stretching, athletic and Kinesiology taping. Click here for more information!
Buy the full program for $2250 and save $375 (vs. buying each session separately). Select 'Check all' and select the "Buy all 9 sessions" option in pricing below each course to get this discount.
Complete this program to become eligible to apply for the Certified Chiropractic Sport Physician (CCSP) exam offered by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians, visit www.ACBSP.com for details about board certification.
Iowa State Law requires Chiropractic Assistants to have documented training in the operation of various active physiotherapy (rehabilitation) procedures. The training is appropriate for any chiropractic assistant who performs or wants to perform these procedures. You'll take real life skills back to your practice. A substantial set of notes is included with this course.In addition, under the direct supervision of a doctor of chiropractic licensed in the State of Iowa, the chiropractic assistant must be taught how to use, and demonstrate competency in the operation of various active physiotherapy (rehabilitation) procedures. The total amount of time for training and demonstrating competency on all equipment shall be no less than six (6) hours. Upon receipt of the practical skills documentation form a certificate will be issued.
The Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner (CCEP) seminar series presents practical objective-based solutions for treating the extremities. The seminar series teaches how diagnosis and treatment is made simple through understanding the bio mechanical functions of each joint. Clinical findings are discussed and demonstrated in this intensive hands-on seminar series.
We are planning to bring this program to campus in the Fall of 2021. Stay tuned for details.
The primary objective of this program is to learn the basic concepts and skills necessary for a broad-based conservative care (primary health care) physician to evaluate and manage spinal, and the upper and lower extremities musculoskeletal injuries with chiropractic rehabilitative methods.
This series of three weekends starts from the ground working its way up the kinetic chain. Lower extremities pathologies can ultimately affect core stability (and vice versa), so we will identify the “bottom-up” approach.
Learn methods for obtaining a history specific to the extremities, as well as examination skills for this area. Skills covered in the course will include, but are not limited to, inspection, joint and soft tissue palpation, range of motion, orthopedic evaluation, and basic neurological examinations.
Understand therapeutic exercise and rehabilitation of the locomotor system, and its integration into chiropractic practice. Specialized topics include functional capacity evaluation and outcome assessment; stretching, strengthening and stabilization exercises; instruments and skills used in assessment of functional capacity; active rehabilitation protocols; the nature of chronic pain and the prevention of disability.
Upon completion of this program, the successful student will be able to:
- Skillfully perform and define basic (i) physical, (ii) neurological and (iii) orthopedic exams related to the spine extremities.
- Skillfully perform and define evaluation procedures for the soft tissue and joints in the extremities and spine.
- Skillfully demonstrate common and evidence-based low technology rehabilitative methods to manage patient care.
- Perform a focused history of the extremities without access to a written guide; perform a comprehensive history of the extremities with access to a written guide, including relevant psychosocial data.
- Perform a comprehensive history and examination of the extremities regions utilizing effective and appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Define and identify uncomplicated common conditions during the evaluation of the spine and extremities.
- Identify and describe the impact of disturbances on the determinant factors of health in the structures of the extremities.
- Apply appropriate basic corrective and preventative measures to disturbances affecting the health of the extremities.
This course adheres to federal administrative laws as set forth in 49 CFR Part 40.
Part 1 is a six (6) hour online course you will complete on Moodle, our learning management system. It covers the training and competencies for the Department of Transportation (DOT) Drug and Alcohol Technician requirements.
Part 2 of this program is a two (2) hour face-to-face online meeting with the instructor to demonstrate proficiency in the testing process of mock collections. IMPORTANT: This step is required by the DOT in order for you to legally provide this service in your office.
After you complete part 1 of the training, you must set up and complete Part 2 within 30 days. Upon successful completion of both parts you should be able to:
- Fulfill federal requirements for completing an instructional course and demonstrating proficiencies to operate within the DOT testing industry.
- Earn your certification to perform these services in your office.
- Understand how to maintain compliance with Federal 49 CFR Part 40.
- Understand the needs in the combined workforce for testing and outreach to industry and business as a certified drug and alcohol testing professional.
- Understand the public health problem of substance and alcohol use and addiction in the U.S.
PURCHASING ALCOHOL SCREENING DEVICES
As per course content, saliva and breath specimen collection are approved methods for screening for the presence of alcohol.
REQUIRED FOR PART 2
Saliva: The "DOT Supply Kit" which contains the Alco Screen 02 single device, two test forms and a urine specimen kit that you will use during your mock collection demonstration of proficiency with the course instructor. To order call the University Campus Store at 952-885-5416. It cost $5.00 plus shipping.
OPTIONAL BREATH SCREENING DEVICE
A breath screening device can be purchased through a vendor of your choice. They are available from Amazon (see links below), Wal-Mart or CVS Pharmacy. Prices fluctuate between $85-$150 per device. These are the devices approved for use within the DOT's testing program:
You can expect to demonstrate proficiency in lower extremity, upper extremity, core and cranial testing with a primary focus on the neuromuscular system. Learn to identify neuro-lymphatic and cranial relationships to help you more carefully diagnose and treat a variety of ailments.
Our instructor, Andrew Rostenberg, is supported by a team of applied kineisologists and team leads who will guide you through a hands-on experience filled with clinical pearls that can be applied immediately into your practice.
Iowa State Law requires chiropractic assistants to have documented training in passive physiotherapies (i.e. hot packs, cold packs, ultrasound, diathermy, electrotherapies, etc.).
However, the training is appropriate for any chiropractic assistant who performs or wants to perform these therapies. You learn real life skills to take back to your practice.
A substantial set of notes is included with the online course.In addition, under the direct supervision of a doctor of chiropractic licensed in the State of Iowa, the chiropractic assistant must be taught how to use, and demonstrate competency in the operation of various pieces of physiotherapy equipment used in the chiropractic practice for not less than six (6) hours. Upon receipt of the skills documentation form a certificate will be issued.