This four session 100 hour program provides doctors of chiropractic and T5+ chiropractic students the opportunity to learn the age-old technique of acupuncture in levels of progression. Each session incorporates classroom and laboratory practicum to advance your acupuncture knowledge along with your clinical application skills. It offers an overview and basic training in acupuncture theory and techniques.
In order to qualify for the NBCE acupuncture exam and use acupuncture as a adjunct therapy, you must complete this program in its entirety, and succesfully pass all of the examinations.
At the completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) theory.
- Demonstrate proficiency in identifying and needling common acupuncture points.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying acupuncture and TCM theory to clinical compliants and conditions.
- Confidently incorporate acupuncture in the treatment of common and complex clinical conditions.
You must come prepared to expose parts of your body so your partners can needle you and vis-versa. Dressing rooms are available in the lab classroom. Therefore, ALWAYS bring a gown or gown top, swimsuit, shorts, or loose clothing that will allow for this. T-back sport bras are NOT a good choice since they don’t allow easy access to the thoracic spine.
Clean Needle Kit: All students are required to purchase a clean needle kit and a box of gloves. The Campus Store has the kits and gloves for sale, please call them at 952-885-5416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to order your kit. In addition, you need to purchase a hard sided case to contain all supplies in the clean needle kit (i.e. tackle box like – a soft case is not acceptable). You will need to purchase the case from an outside vendor. They are not available at the Campus Store.
- A Manual of Acupuncture, (2nd edition, hardcover) Peter Deadman ISBN-13: 978-0951054659
- Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion Cheng Xinnong ISBN-13: 978-7119017587
- (NEW) The Foundations of Chinese Medicine: A Comprehensive Text for Acupuncturists & Herbalists, (2nd edition) Giovanni Maciocia ISBN-13: 978-0702052163
- (NEW) Clean Needle Technique for Acupuncturists, (7th edition) - download your free copy here http://www.ccaom.org/downloads/7thEditionManualEnglishPDFVersion.pdf.
- The Web that has No Weaver Ted Kaptchuck: ISBN-13: 978-0809228409
- Tongue Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine Giovanni Maciocia: ISBN-13: 978-0939616190
- Close to the Bone: The Treatment of Musculo-skeletal Disorder with Acupuncture and other Traditional Chinese Medicine David Legge: ISBN-13: 978-0731691173
- Motor Point Index - An Acupuncturist's Guide to Locating and Treating Motor Points (Kindle Edition), Matt Callison
1. Clean Needle Technique Examination (Written & Practical)
2. Comprehensive Final Written Examination
3. Comprehensive Final Practical Examination
A score of 70% or greater is required on all written examinations for successful program completion; the clean needle practical and the final practical examination are both pass/fail. Competency in performing assigned acupuncture points must be demonstrated. If a score of 70% is not achieved on all written exams AND passing all practical exams, there is one opportunity for repeating the examination.
CRITERIA FOR PROGRAM COMPLETION CERTIFICATE:
Attendance of all classroom-training hours (100 total hours). Successful completion of all program examinations (written and practical).
In Minnesota, the Board of Chiropractic Examiners requires you to attend this program in its entirety (no hours earned outside this program are accepted) and pass the NBCE acupuncture exam. If you plan to practice in another state, we recommend you check directly with your state licensing board about their eligibility requirements.
The goal of this 48 hour Nutrition program is to provide the practitioner a complete Nutritional System that will provide you the knowledge and confidence to help your patients IMMEDIATELY. Though each session is a stand alone, each session will build upon each other by following a simple framework of thinking using a simple acronym (STAMP) that will help guide you through a thought process that is quick and efficient.
This simple yet effective framework will guide you through patient history, questionnaires, lab testing, physical exams, diets and lots of detailed protocols. In addition, during the length of the series all attendees will have access to a private online community with direct access to Dr. Sefcik, as well as other attendees to help support each other as you implement this nutritional system.
This the the ultimate nutritional system that you have been waiting for. Who should attend? All health professionals and office staff. It's critical to have everyone in the office on the same page to more effectively implement this simple system.
Wisconsin Doctors of Chiropractic: Completing this program meets the requirements of the Wisconsin DSPS to allow you to offer nutritional counseling in your office. You need to attend all 4 sessions and pass the exam offered at each session. Once you complete the training and pass the exams, visit this page https://dsps.wi.gov/Credentialing/Health/fm2761.pdf to complete the forms the state needs from you to become certified. You should complete form 2761 and mail it to the board with the fee. Form 2762 should be completed and emailed to email@example.com who will complete the form for you and email it directly to the state on your behalf.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to take advantage of the student scholarship, you need to be a currently enrolled NWHSU student and attend all 4 courses (all 48 hours).
You can expect to demonstrate proficiency in lower extremity, upper extremity, core and cranial testing with a primary focus on the neuromuscular system. Learn to identify neuro-lymphatic and cranial relationships to help you more carefully diagnose and treat a variety of ailments.
Our instructor, Andrew Rostenberg, is supported by a team of applied kineisologists and team leads who will guide you through a hands-on experience filled with clinical pearls that can be applied immediately into your practice. Applying the methods you learn will enhance the quality of care you'll provide and improve patient outcomes.
- Hands-on experience with practical application
- Enhanced student-to-instructor ratio
Many of today's most influential practitioners suggest the quality of their AK testing is one major component that has set them apart.
"Mastering Applied Kinesiology has allowed me to help more people than I've ever imagined, which has created a successful and profitable practice year after year." - Ron Ledoux, DC
PLEASE NOTE: In order to take advantage of the student scholarship, you need to be a currently enrolled NWHSU student and attend all 4 courses.