The goal of this 48 hour Nutrition program is to provide the practitioner a complete Nutritional System that will provide you the knowledge and confidence to help your patients IMMEDIATELY. Though each session is a stand alone, each session will build upon each other by following a simple framework of thinking using a simple acronym (STAMP) that will help guide you through a thought process that is quick and efficient.
This simple yet effective framework will guide you through patient history, questionnaires, lab testing, physical exams, diets and lots of detailed protocols. In addition, during the length of the series all attendees will have access to a private online community with direct access to Dr. Sefcik, as well as other attendees to help support each other as you implement this nutritional system.
This the the ultimate nutritional system that you have been waiting for. Who should attend? All health professionals and office staff. It's critical to have everyone in the office on the same page to more effectively implement this simple system.
Wisconsin Doctors of Chiropractic: Completing this program meets the requirements of the Wisconsin DSPS to allow you to offer nutritional counseling in your office. You need to attend all 4 sessions and pass the exam offered at each session. Once you complete the training and pass the exams, visit this page https://dsps.wi.gov/Credentialing/Health/fm2761.pdf to complete the forms the state needs from you to become certified. You should complete form 2761 and mail it to the board with the fee. Form 2762 should be completed and emailed to email@example.com who will complete the form for you and email it directly to the state on your behalf.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to take advantage of the student scholarship, you need to be a currently enrolled NWHSU student and attend all 4 courses (all 48 hours).
This four session 102 hour hybrid program provides doctors of chiropractic and T5+ chiropractic students the opportunity to learn the technique of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) adjunctive therapies in levels of progression. Each session incorporates classroom and laboratory practicum to advance your acupuncture knowledge and clinical application skills. It offers an overview and basic training in acupuncture theory, techniques and traditional Chinese medical adjunctive therapies.
In order to qualify for the NBCE acupuncture exam and use acupuncture as a adjunct therapy, you must complete this program in its entirety, and succesfully pass all of the examinations.
After each weekend course is succssfully completed, an official CE transcript is emailed confirming hours of attendance. You must complete all the coursework to earn your CE hours. This means attending each session in its entirety, completing online course content, and passing online course exams associated with each session. In addition, to earn the final 102 hour Certificate of Completion, you must pass both the final written and practical examinations. There are no exceptions.
HOURS: 102 hours total - 22 hours online and 80 hours on campus.
At the completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) theory.
- Demonstrate proficiency in identifying and needling common acupuncture points.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying acupuncture and TCM theory to clinical compliants and conditions.
- Confidently incorporate acupuncture in the treatment of common and complex clinical conditions.
You must come prepared to expose parts of your body so your partners can needle you and vis-versa. Dressing rooms are available in the lab classroom. Therefore, ALWAYS bring a gown or gown top, swimsuit, shorts, or loose clothing that will allow for this. T-back sport bras are NOT a good choice since they don’t allow easy access to the thoracic spine.
Clean Needle Kit:
All students are required to purchase a clean needle kit. You should purchase the kit contents prior to class from the University's TruNorth Wellnes Hub. It costs $205. The container to house all of these items must be a hard sided case to contain all supplies (i.e. tackle box like – a soft case is not acceptable) and must be purchased separately prior to class.
- A Manual of Acupuncture, (2nd edition, hardcover) Peter Deadman ISBN-13: 978-0951054659
- Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion Cheng Xinnong ISBN-13: 978-7119017587
- The Foundations of Chinese Medicine: A Comprehensive Text for Acupuncturists & Herbalists, (3rd edition) Giovanni Maciocia ISBN: 978-0702052163
- Clean Needle Technique for Acupuncturists, (7th edition) - download your free copy here http://www.ccaom.org/downloads/7thEditionManualEnglishPDFVersion.pdf.
- Tongue Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine Giovanni Maciocia: ISBN: 978-0939616190?
1. Clean Needle Technique Examination (Written & Practical)
2. Completion of online learning course content and exams
3. Comprehensive Final Written Examination
4. Comprehensive Final Practical Examination
- A score of 80% or greater is required on all examinations for successful program completion.
- Competency in performing assigned acupuncture points must be demonstrated.
- If a score of 80% is not achieved, there is one opportunity for repeating the examination.
- A $200 fee is assessed for all retakes (written and or practical examinations)
CRITERIA FOR CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
- Attendance of all training hours (102 total hours; 20% online / 80% classroom training).
- Successful completion of all program examinations and online content as stipulated.
In Minnesota, the Board of Chiropractic Examiners requires you to attend this program in its entirety (no hours earned outside this program are accepted) and pass the NBCE acupuncture exam. If you plan to practice in another state, we recommend you check directly with your state licensing board about their eligibility requirements.
Complete both of the hands-on courses and our online Chiropractic Sports Injuries (CCSP) program to prepare yourself to apply for the Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP®) exam offered by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians (ACBSP®).
The hands-on training is led by experts in the field of chiropractic sports medicine. Learn in an interactive environment at our state-of-the-art campus. You will learn how to handle emergency procedures, kinesiology, dynamic and sports taping skills and extremity adjusting and therapeutic muscle stretching. The emergency procedures and taping course tuition includes a taping kit with everything you'll need for the course.
Since 1980, the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians™ (ACBSP) has led the development of sports medicine certification and has managed a world-class credentialing process that ensures certified sports chiropractors meet competency standards to effectively work with and treat athletes and those engaged in athletic activities. For more information about the certification process visit www.acbsp.com.
You can expect to demonstrate proficiency in lower extremity, upper extremity, core and cranial testing with a primary focus on the neuromuscular system. Learn to identify neuro-lymphatic and cranial relationships to help you more carefully diagnose and treat a variety of ailments.
Our instructor, Andrew Rostenberg, is supported by a team of applied kineisologists and team leads who will guide you through a hands-on experience filled with clinical pearls that can be applied immediately into your practice. Applying the methods you learn will enhance the quality of care you'll provide and improve patient outcomes.
- Hands-on experience with practical application
- Enhanced student-to-instructor ratio
Many of today's most influential practitioners suggest the quality of their AK testing is one major component that has set them apart.
"Mastering Applied Kinesiology has allowed me to help more people than I've ever imagined, which has created a successful and profitable practice year after year." - Ron Ledoux, DC
PLEASE NOTE: In order to take advantage of the student scholarship, you need to be a currently enrolled NWHSU student and attend all 4 courses.