Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window
Introduce your student to the world of robotics as they build simple animal models that teach the fundamentals of robotic design. They'll learn about sensors while building a fish or alligator, discover ways that gears, wheels and axles create movement while building a dog or frog, and have fun playing with their robopet creations!
Community Education is concerned about the health and safety of our participants and staff. We will be taking the following steps during this class to protect everyone:
- - We will have a smaller number of participants in each class.
- - Participants will be reminded to wash their hands before they enter the class area.
- - Desks or tables will be wiped down prior to and after class.
- - We will practice social distancing with participants at least 6 feet apart.
- - Supplies will be provided for each participant to avoid sharing items.
- - Hand sanitizer will be available.
- - Masks are required at all times.
- - To be compliant with ISD 728's COVID-19 guidelines, parents/guardians or siblings are not allowed to wait in district buildings while their child attends a Community Education class/activity unless they are a registered participant (parent/child classes), or have been asked to stay due to safety reasons or as a requirement of the class. In those situations, only 1 parent/guardian is allowed. Parents can accompany their child inside the building and escort them to the classroom/gym. Parents are then required to exit the building and the instructor/coach will bring students to the exterior door for pickup ant the end of class.